Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Camel For Your Desert


Gypsy Rose Blog by Tig
I will never forget this moment in Africa. I guess some people might think me a little wild and others might think of me as a little crazy. But my desire to ride a camel on the sandy shores of an ancient village opened a door for a man to find Christ.
What an amazing animal this woolly beast is. Their reputation to spit was not reigned on me of which I was extremely grateful. This lumbering animal is much more graceful than he looks. He is truly a ship in the desert. He can carry huge amounts of goods and walk long distances through the hot desert. His skin and hair is used for many things, he is ridden into battle and often he is even used as food. I prefer to just ride them, not eat them.
To sit atop this gallant stead was a thrill and as his huge feet gently touched the sand I could see my reflection.I felt like the queen of the Nile but there was not Nile and I am no queen. If my mother could see me now was all I could think about. God used this short ride on this tall guy to help me reach a Muslim man with the message of Christ Jesus. I shall never forget the laughter of the little curly headed man when he confessed Jesus as Lord and spoke in tongues with me. It was a moment to never be forgotten. I pray for him and many others who have chosen to believe in Christ in spite of the danger it could be to them.
How would you like to take a journey and ride a camel as he lopes down the shore with you bumping up and down on the saddle, sitting high over his hump? Perhaps we can go together someday.
God bless you my friends,
Dale (Tig)
Think big, that is how you accomplish great things for the Lord
Put God first and He will lift you and exalt you for His glory
Give the glory to God and walk in humility, you will be glad you did
Remember regrets are the past holding you back from the future God has for you

No comments:

Post a Comment