Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Path We Trod

Gypsy Rose Blog by Tig
March 7, 2010

Hi there gang,

I love this photo because it takes me back to Spain, but more than that, it moves one to seek where the path may be going. (by the way it takes you to a lovely high village where I spent time praying and handing out tracts and writing my journals, you would love it as much as I did. Let's go there someday together)

Often on my journeys there were unfamiliar pathways to take. It was not easy to choose but when I sought God's direction He always showed me what to do, where to go or what to do. How wonderful it is to have a guide that you know knows the way. Who will be with you to protect you and help you find the way in the dark or the fog.

I visited with a friend yesterday and we sat talking and drinking hot tea. It was lovely. We recalled the time we put on a huge theater play in Uvalde, Texas. I wrote the play and without any knowledge of directing theater or choreograph, directed the play. My friend did all the back drops ( a whole little clown town Christmas village) it was awesome.

Why am I telling you this when I began my blog with a photo of Spain? Because, had I not learned in my own country how to follow God in new things I would have fallen flat on my face. There were many paths I had to take to do what I was doing for God. As it was, by taking the steps and the direction God was leading me to, I succeeded. Life is made up of many dark and narrow paths where we cannot see the light or the way to go. I remember once in the Ukraine we were coming from the sauna of an old Communist youth camp. It was very dark with no street lights. When we went in it was sunny, but not when we stepped out. There were bushes all along the little narrow trail and an unsure feeling of where to step. I cried out to God, asking for direction to be able to get back to our rooms. We just had to step out in faith and soon there was a dim light from the kitchen near by and we were able to pick our way back to safety.

I know this, when you do not know what to do or where to begin or where you belong, just wait and seek God's help. He will guide you and direct your steps.. Just check out
Proverbs 3:5-6 and see the scripture that has helped to guide me all my life. There is a way through the fog.. onward is the way. You may have to stop for awhile to get better sight, you may have to turn around, or slow down; but it is onward through the fog of life that God will take you through problems, unsureness, and the need for direction.

God bless you all, and have you made your cup of tea or coffee today and taken time to just sit and wait on the Lord? He is waiting for you to have a friendship with Him. God is the greatest friend.. He gave and laid down His life for us and calls us friends. What a blessing!

I love you all and Jesus loves you more. Rambling Rose Tig

1 comment:

  1. Dale, Thank you so much for sharing this. I needed to read it to keep my focus on building my business and not being afraid to take those steps as G-d leads. Love ya lady!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete