Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where The River Meets The Rose



Tonight I want to say a little about the elegant flower, the rose. Often used in victory, by kings, often in death, and in celebration of marriage and birth. It is the flower of love and grace with its velvet petals all aglow with tender softness.

A friend once gave me a quote which goes like this. " The vase may be shattered and broken but the scent of the rose will last forever."

This one sentence turned my life around as God began to put signs of roses in my life. I knew it meant something deeper than I could, at first, understand.

It was in Malaysia in 1993 where I received my first sign that God had truly meant this quote for me. During an all night prayer meeting a woman came to me and said, "God has been telling me to say what I have seen during our praying time." With a shaky voice she spoke these words. They have come true in eighteen nations around the world. "I saw you in a bed of roses. The Lord said to tell you this, the scent of the rose will follow you wherever you go."

For years to come a sign of roses in some unusual way has appeared. Even the scent of roses has appeared in rooms where people witnessed the scent in the air. At times it has been smelled on my very being. I only know this, the scent of roses is Jesus in our presence. He wanted me to know that I was in His perfect will. I do not go by the sign to know this, it comes after I have obeyed God. I do not look for it, but it happens. Tomorrow I will continue this saga of the sign of the rose and God's great love for us, His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment